Latitude59 panel discussion with people from Skype, Imprimatur and Google revealed some interesting angels on recruiting you might not have thought of:
- It’s recruiter’s responsibility to find out what the person is capable of. Otherwise you’ll just hire experience (and CVs can be tricky).
- The headhunter will only help if you really know who you’re looking for. And if you can’t find that from your own network.
- Choose your hiring channel based on who you’re looking for – whether if you want someone to take over your role, or 12th person to your team.
- In background research focus on attitude match with company’s values.
- At tough times you need your people to work full time, so they feel their ass is on fire too, not just yours.
And when is the right time to have a dedicated HR unit in your company? If your management is spending too much time on HR tasks, it’s probably time for a dedicated HR skillset.